Sunday 24 March 2013

Sidelined by a finger...

There is a perfectly good explanation as to why I haven't kept you up-to-date with my goings on... I swear!!

Ok, so I have no excuse for last week, other than I have a 600gm gain and I was more than a little apprehensive about telling you all...

I know why - I have no excuses - I am owning - and although I was disappointed in myself I didn't get down about it and go on a food binge.. Even if I did want to!

I had too many chai lattes (skinny) but still - these are my weakness at uni and I have 2 study partners with who we take turns in buying them for each other... so I would end up with 2-3 lattes a day... plus I only exercised 2 days that week...

So I started Thursday with renewed determination... And I exercised everyday (taking Tuesday off) and then last Friday it all went a little pear shaped... or more massive purple sausage shape...

At PE class I was playing basketball and... I dislocated my finger... my right index finger (and I am right handed)!!  It was VERY painful - I had sharp pains in my finger and after icing it I taped it and realised nothing can be done about a dislocated finger (if its was back in place)  so I came home...

Wow was my finger aching... I had to take pain killers to get to sleep... So Saturday morning I decided I needed to make sure it was ok and took myself off to Gawler Emergency department... Where I was immediately taken in for X-rays...

Yup true to form (and as my luck would have it) It was broken!!  But not just broken, I have something called tendon avulsion (well that's what I think the Doctor called it)Where the tendon has snapped... and now I need surgery - BY THE END OF THE WEEK!!!

I asked about exercise and the Dr suggested that I dont do anything till I can speak to the orthopaedic surgeon...  Apparently orthopaedic surgeons dont work weekends... so I will be calling up at 9am to find out what I can and cant do... All though to be honest, I haven't wanted to do anything anyway... except eat chocolate - I have been wanting to do that.  But I will be strong and I will do what I have said to heaps of people on the Face book page - just stick to the diet until you can get back into it...

So I have busted out My fitness pal..again... and I am sticking to my 1200 cals (not 1300 any more) as I am not exercising I figure 1200 should be enough...

Any way typing has been very hard... this post has taken me over 40 minutes to type... and I shudder to think how long it is going to take me to write a 2000 word essay I have due this week...



No comments:

Post a Comment