Monday 4 February 2013

Exceeding Expectations

I have attached a pic of my from when I started the Michelle Bridges program (warm up round 4 2012) and till now to show you the difference... YIKES! I didn't take a side on shot at the beginning - wish I had thought of it at the time though...

I also had some professional pics taken of me in real clothes, not just underwear - and when ! get to goal weight I will get some professional pics taken wearing clothes too (it helps to have photographer friends)

I think it is fair to say that the program has exceeded my expectations and that has been down to a few key things...

1. I'm starting with the most important one too - The support this forum page and the Facebook page have given me had been astounding - my friends call me a bitch for losing weight but you guys tell me I'm amazing... I honestly would have given up if I hadn't made myself be accountable to you all...

2. Making the program work for me - I make up my own recipes, I love to cook and do food things... but I stick to the 1200 cals daily. Same with the exercise, I don't follow the given exercises, instead I zombie run, do boot camps and have joined a team sport, this works for me and I can continue this after the program (although I am doing another round)

3. JUST KEEP GOING! It's become my mantra (and I've had a few) No matter what happens, if you fall down, get injured, fall off the wagon, dust yourself off and just keep going - don't stop, don't stop, don't stop! The only person you will hurt by stopping is yourself!

4. The only person stopping you from doing this is you! Don't listen to the evil you telling you to slow down, stop, or your muscles hurt - You can do it (f you just keep going)

****

I have some more bloggy type stuff to tell you all too...

So at the start of this round, not sure if you remember, but I was paying out my husband for his love of running - I think I called him crazy.... Then I went for my first "run" I made it 20 meters - holding my boobs and the puppy (who'd of thought you'd need a sports bra?) Then ended up in bed for the next day with a massive headache...

Well 16 weeks later (today) I just ran 5kms with out stopping!!! I did 6.2kms in total but a solid 5 kms in the middle - I just kept going... I didn't think I would ever get there.... I would hoping to get to 1km by the end of this round, but I guess the zombie training has paid off...

I have been working on slowing down my run, pacing myself and getting further - I've been monitoring my heart rate and slowing myself down to keep it at a sustainable limit, but I thought at the most I would get to was 2 kms... WOW! I cried when I got home (and have started crying again now) I'm just really proud of myself, and i know it sounds uppity, but I really have worked super hard to get here, and.... **blinking tears away**

I'm just super proud of myself and my family, they have been so supportive...

Argh! I'm a blubbering mess!!!


**Sucking it up**

So, I have decided - and told my husband that I will be doing the City to Bay this year... it's 12kms so I have a heap of training to do before then, but hopefully by then I'll be 10kgs lighter and much more able to make the distance!

No comments:

Post a Comment