Sunday 13 January 2013

Entry 15 - Nov 2012

Well I did it. I picked up the phone several times to cancel my attendance at softball training but each time I reminded myself that there are no more excuses!

I watched about 50 YouTube videos on how to bat, pitch, swing, bunt, field etc etc and felt worse than I had before I watched them! But at least I now knew some of the terminology. Armed with my my newly acquired knowledge, drink bottle and knee brace I headed off to training.

I turned up to training and was shocked. Most of the women were drinking beers and smoking before we started., some had bought their own chairs... I would have been one of the most fit people on the team, but boy could these girls hit a ball!!!

OK so I was a little unnerved when most of the outfielders had a smoke in one hand and a glove in the other but hey, who am I to judge?

I wasn't too bad either (even if I do say so myself) I couldn't hit the ball anywhere near as far as these girls but hey, it was my first go after 20 years!! I could throw and catch just as well all though I am blaming my knee on my poor ground work! But best of all I had fun, I made new friends and exercised for 90 mins!

So I have decided to go again, I will just train for this year I think, increase my skills an knowledge and then, next year, I think I might even have a game (well the slimmer healthier version of me will)!

All up I have to say - yay team sports - I am really glad I went and I hope I have inspired a few of you to get out there and have a go. I would love to hear if you do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment