Sunday 13 January 2013

Entry 45 - Dec 2012

What do you do when the house of cards that is your life start to fall down?

OK that is probably a little bit too dramatic...

How about this...

Weekends suck!

Not a phrase I thought I would EVER say but for me on this program, they suck.

For some reason on Saturday I woke up with a cracking headache... I woke at 8am (late for me) Matt had already left for his run so I got up and thought I shower might help... and it did... well a little bit. So I thought maybe if I have some breakfast that would help too... and it did... a little bit...

Matt got home at 9am and after he showered and got dressed I was supposed to go and do my SSS but by this time it was 33 degrees and blowing up dust everywhere. there was a cool change supposed to come through later in the day so I decided that I would probably feel better by then and also the weather wouldn't be so terrible.

So we went shopping for Xmas presents - and it was busy and loud... my head was pounding by the time we left and I still had to take my oldest out to a friends birthday party at 1pm. Blerk!

We got home and I crashed on the bed trying to get rid of the thumping, Matt reluctantly agreed to do the birthday party run but conveniently 'forgot' and was down the back paddocks when it came to to leave.

I got back and slept for 2 hours. When I awoke I was feeling better - not 100% but better nonetheless.

I went and did the bday pick up and when I got back Matt had started dinner (I think he must've been feeling guilty). We talked about what we we're having (my favourite roast lamb) and decided to cook the veggies differently.... Usually we par boil the spuds in garlic water, then add them to the hot oil (sometimes duck fat) but usually olive oil (as we make our own - and have lots). This time we tried baking paper on the bottom of the pan and just sprayed them with olive oil spray... and no it wasn't the same, they didn't crunch up but they weren't bad at all. They wont be what I make for the guests at Christmas but they will be what we eat from now on...

Anyway, I didn't do my SSS as I had made way too many excuses and just stayed home.

Sunday morning we were up early as we were meeting a group of 12wbt'er in Stirling in the Adelaide Hills for breakfast... (does anyone else find this ironic - you know, meeting other dieters at a restaurant??) Anyway, it went well - I was definitely the biggest (fattest) there - they were all rounder 3'ers and some were doing round 4 too... It was good to meet others but as they all knew each other I felt like the 3rd wheel... but one of the girls and I went to middle school together so it was good to catch up with her.

I ordered what I thought was the best meal as far as cals go (Eggs Benedict) but it worked out to be about 500 cals when I put the ingredients into myfitnesspal... so I decided to skip my snacks for the day, but ended up skipping lunch as I had an afternoon snooze... so I had also missed a snack...

Needless to say I ate a lot of dessert to get upto my daily cals...

So the weekend was a total loss in the exercise department... I really am going to have to get my head back in the game as every time things get tough or my time is needed else where I blow off exercising... although I am very proud that I haven't gone over the cals since I started... I am hoping that this is a lifestyle change thing kicking in...

I am off to do a zombie run and although I am really busy I am going to do it today regardless - even if I have to go at 6pm when Matt gets home - I am going!

Plus tomorrow is my STS with a run and a PT session - so I will get in an SSS regardless!

Thankfully I know motivation is a crock otherwise I really would be skipping a lot more exercise sessions...

OK time to JFDI... How did your weekends go?

No comments:

Post a Comment