Sunday 13 January 2013

Entry 54 - Jan 2013


So Friday was a record breaking day of heat here is SA (48.7 degrees according to my neighbours weather station) - and we still managed to get 6 people out for a bootcamp (in the shade and with minimum cardio) Plus I got in 2 swims and burnt a total of 900 Cals for the day... It wasn't really too bad - as it was a circuit type bootcamp and it was a basic session (no massive weights or excessive sit-ups!) so I pulled up fine on Saturday... apart from my first softball game back after the break...

I assume most of you know that this is my second ever game... and that being said - I am not very good...

My goal for yesterday was to get to first base and to get one out... I managed to stop the ball and chuck it to first base to assist in an out, so I am counting that, and in the first innings I made it to 2nd base (before a bizarre rule i had never heard of got me out) Apparently your foot must be touching the base when the pitcher pitches the ball and if it isn't you are out... So I didn't know this and although my foot was close it wasn't deemed to be touching so I got out... I was mystified, embarrassed and a little bit cross too!!

I mean really - if the team didn't sit around drinking and smoking during practise I might have known that... Well I know now!

Anyway in the 2nd innings I made it to 3rd base before loaded bases made me run home (on a bunt) so I really had no chance of getting home safely - but luckily I got to get out of the heat for a little while - It was very hot (35) and not a skerrick of breeze to whisk away the sweat...

I was on second base again and I have now had it confirmed that of all the positions 2nd base runs the most - which I assume is why they put me there! I burnt 905 Calories for the game and then came home had a cold shower, some lunch, and slept for an hour, I woke with a pounding headache... too much heat I think.

So after all that today is my day off and I really think I need it as I have another bootcamp scheduled for tomorrow morning, nice and early so we can get it done before the forecast heat of 42 hits!

I was cleaning out my office today, before uni starts up again I wanted to do a complete clean out, I came across a photo my Mum took of my and the boys when they first came to live with us 8 years ago - it is terrible...

My mum passed away shortly after this picture was taken and I got so upset thinking that this is how she knew me (admittedly I got bigger than this picture too) I have attached this picand one taken in 2010, still not my biggest but I tend to hide from the camera so fat pics are hard to find.

I now have these up on my wall to remind me of what will happen if I ever get complacent about my health again...

I hope you all had great weekends and are all going to post amazing stats up for your next mini milestones!! I am not sure how I am going to go with my 1km but I aim to do it all in one go - no stopping, but it is going to be really hot here this week so I will try to get it done early one morning - probably Wednesday at this stage.

Good luck everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment