Sunday 13 January 2013

Entry 39 - Dec 2012

I am going to rewind to before the SSS I have already told you about...

Saturday 6:15am **alarm sounds*** I roll over to slap Matt (this is how the alarm system works in our house, as he doesn't hear the alarm - and its on his side on the bed)

'Turn it off,' I growl. I had my cranky pants on.

Matt slinks off out of bed I roll over and drift back off to sleep... for about 15 minutes as he clomps out the front door, off the verandah and out for his run...

My cranky pants made it hard for me to fall back to sleep as I muttered obscenities under my breath...

Eventually, the puppy scratching at the door woke me up enough that I decided to get up and start my day... I had a lot to do anyway...

So I got up and showered, got the kids up and breakfasted about an hour later Matt gets back from his 28km run... and blurts out - just over 1000 Cals done!

Ok, so I'm jealous, I know it - you know it, but I can't let him know it... I am the supportive smiling one... But seriously, One and a half hours running, no stopping who does that?, and he burns calories like paper... So I smile and congratulate him (bristling at the unfairness of it all), and while he is in the shower I get ready and head off for my SSS...

I get home, Matt has gone to the shops with the youngest son, so after I shower I remember I need to make 24 cupcakes for Matt's work picnic that is on Sunday... Ahh crap!

Off I go making cupcakes like a woman possessed... Finally finished the cupcakes and cleaning the kitchen when Matt comes home and declares, 'You should relax baby, I'll make dinner...'

Now most women would be over joyed at this prospect, and don't get me wrong Matt is a very good cook... however my darling husband fancies himself as a weekend chef... not a cook, but a chef... and I say chef, because chef's don't need to clean up after themselves...

Matt uses 2 pans where one wold suffice, every ingredient goes into a bowl first (more washing) and then at the end of the meal, he uses the I cooked... you clean rule.... which never works when I cook every other day of the week...

Anyway, now the kitchen is a mess and I still have to make the icing and decorate the cakes... but I am sooo tired that I go to bed at 9:30pm and decided to leave the dishes to the morning... BIG MISTAKE

Sunday, my day off!! (the following content is rated MA, recommended for mature audiences only)

Ahhh leisurely lay in... I get up and have a shower at 7:30am get back into bed for a kidless cuddle and it appears that Matt is feeling a little... frisky...

He sleepily cups my breast in his hand, then takes it away as though he was stung, now fully awake he he looks at me and says, 'Hey, where have my boobs gone!'

HE NOTICED!!!!

Ok, typical man, didn't notice my pants are falling off, or that I look like a homeless person in ill fitting clothes, but he noticed THAT!!... Still I am taking it!! So, it took me losing nearly 11kgs, countless cms and about 10 weeks of diet and exercise but he finally noticed!

After madly decorating the cakes (and leaving yet more mess for later on) we headed off to the Adelaide Botanical Gardens, where we had a ball, we played cricket - I totally wore the wrong bra and kept bouncing out of my bra when I had to run, which was a lot as we were playing hit and run rules, which was hilarious as I wasn't the only under prepared Mum!! Plus I ran without complaint (this was new for me)

I loved participating instead of being the commentator of the umpire... I know some of you know what I mean, easier to do the non active roles when you're bigger... The kids had a great time and Matt and I even went for a walk to the Diggers club shop to buy tomatoes and sprouts!!

Usually I would have been grumpy by the time we got home, but I wasn't. I had participated, and really had a good time, I even met new people, something I used to try to avoid!

I am sooo glad that I started this journey and I can't wait till I reach my goals! (oh and until I can buy some new pants... I wore a belt yesterday to hold up my shorts... first time in 8 years!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment