Sunday 13 January 2013

Entry 46 - Dec 2012

Yes, I was having a down moment (again) good God I am having a lot of those lately!! Like always I picked myself up and (like Michelle says) I didn't play the blame game...

Yesterday I was 'too busy' to train - I watched Mish's mind set video (perfectly timed) and realised that it was me! I was so shocked to think that I would do that - I am usually the positive one, the upbeat one, the one others turn to for a pick me up...

But through this I learnt something about myself (again) I now no longer turn to food when I am down... I stuck to my cals, stayed away from the shops and just worked through it. I made 64 iced cupcakes for the kids class parties today! Still didn't eat any!

So last night we had the Thai Kangaroo Larb for dinner. I was so aprehensive about eating roo as I have never had it before and am not a great trier of new foods... (but I'm getting better on this diet) Matt made it for me when he got home as I was still icing cupcakes and he also did the dishes!! Yay Matt! The big surprise for me was that it was soooo yummy. Along with nearly all the curry recipes, this one is going in the have again pile!

I finally got to bed at 11:30pm last night and was up at 6:15am, got the kids ready and was out the door by 7am to do my 1km time trial. Matt had to leave till 7:30am so I had to get to the starting point and run home...

So armed with MY NEW SHOES (pics attached) and my iPhone as a timer I started. I had a plan in my head of where I would make it to before I stopped - but I didn't quite make it (later I worked out that it would have been 800 meters non-stop) I had to keep pulling up my pants!!

Even my tight workout pants are baggy now! The lady in the butcher shop actually called me out on my baggy work out pants today!!

Anyway I got about half way before I stopped to catch my breath and before I had fully got it back I was off again. I stopped once more for about 20 seconds and was off again. I smashed my time from 7mins 35secs to....

6 mins 23 seconds!!! WOOO HOOO more than 1 minute off!! Needless to say I was back home well before Matt had to leave for work. But things were weird in my body... I don't know how to explain it, other than I was coughing - a lot - for about 20 minutes, I also felt a little light headed... Anyway I hydrated well (about 1 litre of water) and headed into the school to do the drop off.

So after I carried all the cupcakes to the classes (a workout in itself) I headed off to my PT Session... I didn't do so good...

For some reason I was getting dizzy a lot - Maybe because it was so hot but it was only when I was standing... It was terribly strange and more than a little disconcerting... Megan (my PT) suggested that it could be low blood pressure and we tried things that didn't involve any more jumping or lifting things above my head...

I managed to get through the session with Megan getting me to do lots of floor work, crunches and planks etc. - I held my plank for 1min 36secs! another PB for me.

I headed home having burnt 795 cals for the morning and I am pretty happy with that.

On Sunday myself and a bunch of other people are going to be doing a 7.3km hike up through a set of waterfalls (Morialta Falls) for our mini milestone challenge... I think this will be my SSS as I am sure I will burn over 1000 cals climbing up and down a mountain! We are going to take a few pictures so I will make sure I post them up for you all.

Speaking of pictures... Are you guys going to take another 'before' shot tomorrow? I think I will just so I can have a time lapse style picture of how I am going... I will also complete the rest of my fitness test tomorrow, and do my measurements...

How did everyone's fitness tests go?

No comments:

Post a Comment